- 6 Portabello
- 1/2 large red onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tsp of lemon zest
- 3 Tbs of finely chopped parsley
- Heat Oven to 375°.
- Remove mushroom caps and peel. Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet with cavity side up. Use 4-5 Tbs of Olive Oil during this process. Drizzle mushrooms with olive oil and let absorb. Once the cavity has absorbed the olive, turn and drizzle olive oil on the cap and dress with salt and pepper. Turn back to cavity side up.
- Place in oven for 25-35 minutes or until mushroom is tender.
- Remove stems and roughly chop. Roughly chop red onion.
- Pour the mushroom skins, stems and onions into a food processor and lightly pulse until ingredients are the size of small pebbles.
- Heat sauté pan to high and add 4 tbs olive oil.
- Sautee mixture on high heat and continuously toss for 1 min. Then add garlic.
- Continue to sauté until onions are caramelized.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then add finely chopped parsley
- Spoon mixture into mushroom and lightly press into cap. Add lemon zest for garnish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total: 55 minutes
Macros Per Serving (Estimate): Carbs- 9g, Fat- 25g, Protein- 6g